Using the UNERASER Console
This chapter describes how to use the application with the UNERASER Console interface. Start the program and display drive information in Microsoft DOS operating system using the following steps:
Starting Active@ UNERASER DOS Console
Start the program and display drive information using the following steps:
- With power off, insert the prepared floppy disk into drive A:. Turn power on and boot from the floppy disk. Active@ UNERASER starts automatically. The UNERASER DOS Console appears.
- On the left side of the window all detected drive devices or partitions are listed and numbered. Beneath each drive device or partition, logical drives appear in a tree formation, as shown in the figure above. Deleted partitions and hard drive space not occupied by partitions are listed as "Unallocated".
Commands at the bottom of this screen are described below. Click on the links for more information about that item:
- [Ctrl]+[V] - View Sectors — View the sectors of this drive or partition with the Hex Viewer.
- [Ctrl]+[I] - Image — Create a Disk Image of this partition or drive. See Creating a Disk Image.
- [ENTER] - Scan — Perform a simple Drive Scan. See Performing a Drive Scan.
- [F9] - Menu — Display a command menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Use the arrow keys to move the cursor over items on the list of drives. Positioning the cursor on a named drive, displays its information on the right side of the program window.