How to scan and recover if partition exists but damaged?
A virus infected my computer system. Now it does not boot. FDISK shows partition of unknown type. Active@ UNERASER shows partition of "Unknown" type and does not allow previewing and scanning of partition.
When partition is damaged, for example partition type is "Unknown", Active@ UNERASER does not know how to handle it properly, so it does not allow you to preview files on it. However partition exists and there is no "Unallocated" space (partition space is occupied). So Active@ UNERASER detects that there is nothing left to scan.
While starting the program, use parameter -ignoreMBR that explicitly tells Active@ UNERASER to ignore default MBR and partition information, and the whole drive will be available for the scanning, for example:
This way you will see "Unallocated" space under HDD 80h.
Try to scan it by pressing [ENTER], and follow the procedure described in topic "How to recover files and folders on a partition that has been deleted?"
Click here: Questions & Answers
- How to undelete files on NTFS
- How to recover deleted files on a FAT32 volume
- How to recover a deleted folder containing files and subfolders
- How to check recoverability of a deleted file or folder
- How to use Active@ UNERASER for Disk Image creation
- How to scan and recover files if a partition exists but appears to be damaged
- How to force LBA mode to access larger drives (more than 8GB in size)
- How to see localized characters in file names
- How to backup and restore MBR, Partition Table and Boot Sectors
- How to recover files and folders on a partition that has been deleted
- How to prevent Master Boot Record (MBR) corruption
- How to recover files and folders from formatted or reformatted hard drive?
- How to read and copy existing files from NTFS to FAT partition?
- How to restore lost hard drive partition