How to recover deleted folder having files and subfolders?
I have accidentally deleted folder with files and subfolders. Can I recover them all at once?
- Boot in DOS mode and run Active@ UNERASER
- Select the drive containing deleted folder and scan it by pressing [ENTER]
- (Optionally) You can switch to long filenames view by pressing [SHIFT]+[TAB] key
- Find and position the cursor on your deleted folder. Deleted folders are marked grey
- (Optionally) Check folder's recoverability by previewing its content — press [ENTER] and see whether it contains any data or not. If folder is not recoverable – error message appears
- Try to recover deleted folder by executing [Ctrl]+[U] — unerase command
- If folder is recoverable, dialog appears where you can choose output drive and path
- Press OK to start recovery process.
All recoverable files located in the deleted folder will be recovered to the new location and subfolders will be recovered recursively.
Folder becomes not recoverable in case when its header is overwritten or damaged. Usually it happens when you write something onto the drive where deleted file is located.
DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING ONTO THE DRIVE CONTAINING YOUR IMPORTANT DATA THAT YOU HAVE JUST DELETED ACCIDENTALLY! Even data recovery software installation to the same drive could spoil your sensitive data. Download and save Active@ UNERASER for DOS onto the bootable floppy and boot from it!
DO NOT SAVE ONTO THE SAME DRIVE DATA THAT YOU FOUND AND TRYING TO RECOVER! While saving recovered file or folder onto the same drive where they are located, you can intrude in process of recovering by overwriting table records for this and other deleted entries. It's better to save data onto another logical, removable, network or floppy drive.
Click here: Questions & Answers
- How to undelete files on NTFS
- How to recover deleted files on a FAT32 volume
- How to recover a deleted folder containing files and subfolders
- How to check recoverability of a deleted file or folder
- How to use Active@ UNERASER for Disk Image creation
- How to scan and recover files if a partition exists but appears to be damaged
- How to force LBA mode to access larger drives (more than 8GB in size)
- How to see localized characters in file names
- How to backup and restore MBR, Partition Table and Boot Sectors
- How to recover files and folders on a partition that has been deleted
- How to prevent Master Boot Record (MBR) corruption
- How to recover files and folders from formatted or reformatted hard drive?
- How to read and copy existing files from NTFS to FAT partition?
- How to restore lost hard drive partition