How to make backup and restore MBR, Partition Table and Boot Sectors?
I want to create backup copy of my boot information to be able to recover later?
MBR backup function is available in Active@ UNERASER version 2.0.
If you are a registered customer we offer you to make a free upgrade to the version 2.0 in our Customer Support Center.
- Run Active@ UNERASER 2.0
- Select HDD you want to backup
- Insert floppy disk and press [Ctrl]+[B]
- Information will be saved to A:\HDD80h.MBR if you backup HDD 80h
Using this floppy you can virtually restore MBR later on.
To restore MBR, Partition Table and Volume Boot Sectors from backup use the following steps:
- Insert floppy disk containing MBR backup file
- Run Active@ UNERASER 2.0 with a parameter of -restoreMBR like:
It will virtually restore MBR, Partition Table and Volume Boot sectors to the state as it was before (when the backup MBR was created). You can see your drives and folders, and can recover deleted files and folders to another drive. It is important to keep the MBR, Partition Table and Volume Boot Sectors backup regularly.
If your partition becomes damaged and you need to restore it from the backup and save MBR, Partition Table and Volume Boot Sectors information back to the HDD we advise you to use Active@ Partition Recovery software.
Click here: Questions & Answers
- How to undelete files on NTFS
- How to recover deleted files on a FAT32 volume
- How to recover a deleted folder containing files and subfolders
- How to check recoverability of a deleted file or folder
- How to use Active@ UNERASER for Disk Image creation
- How to scan and recover files if a partition exists but appears to be damaged
- How to force LBA mode to access larger drives (more than 8GB in size)
- How to see localized characters in file names
- How to backup and restore MBR, Partition Table and Boot Sectors
- How to recover files and folders on a partition that has been deleted
- How to prevent Master Boot Record (MBR) corruption
- How to recover files and folders from formatted or reformatted hard drive?
- How to read and copy existing files from NTFS to FAT partition?
- How to restore lost hard drive partition