User Guide for Active@ UNERASER DOS:
Recovering the Whole Drive
If an entire drive or partition has been erased, you can find it, scan the files and test for recovery. Use these steps:
- Boot the PC in DOS mode and run Active@ UNERASER for DOS as described earlier in this chapter.
- Using the arrow keys, move the cursor position to the Unallocated line below the HDD containing deleted partition. Press [Enter] to scan the drive.
If the partition or logical drive is found, the Detected Logical Drive screen appears.
- This screen asks if the detected drive is to be recognized and added to the list of drives.
If the partition parameters appear to be correct for the size and the file system, press [Y] to add it to the list.
Pressing the [N] key allows the utility to continue to scan the space allocated by this partition.
- By answering [Y] to the Detected Logical Drive screen, the new logical drive is added with a Found name (see figure below).
Position the cursor on the Found partition line and verify the partition's information.
- Press [Enter] to scan the Found partition for files and folders.
- Scan, search for and recover files and folders on this virtual drive the same way as described earlier in this chapter.